2024 Chevy Silverado HD delivers more power, a better interior, and smart technology. Chevrolet delivers everything heavy-duty truck customers want and need with the 2024 Silverado HD without compromising on capability and comfort. The 2024 Silverado HD comes with an upgraded powertrain, a more authoritative presence paired with an overhauled interior, improvements to its revolutionary trailer technology, and enhanced infotainment and active safety technologies 2.
“We’ve designed the Silverado HD to be our customers’ favorite choice for true truck capabilities,” said Scott Bell, vice president of Chevrolet. “The enhancements to the 2024 model build on its core strengths to deliver an even stronger balance of design, strength, and confidence that makes tackling tough jobs, including trailering, easier and more comfortable than ever.”
The lineup includes the 2500HD and 3500HD models in Regular Cab, Double Cab, and Crew Cab configurations.
Dual-rear models are available on the 3500HD and they support the lineup’s highest trailering capacity: 36,000 pounds 3. The 2024 Silverado HD is available in Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ, and High Country trims. The ZR2 will join the HD trim lineup later in the model year for the first time.
- The legendary Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel V-8 delivers even more horsepower and torque
- A 10-speed Allison automatic transmission is now standard for the 6.6L gas and 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engines
- New interior for LT trim and above features a new 13.4-inch diagonal 1 infotainment screen and a 12.3-inch diagonal configurable driver information center
- Trailering technology includes four new or enhanced features designed to inspire confidence and make towing easier
2024 Chevy Silverado HD Review
With the unstoppable 2024 Silverado HD, Chevrolet’s new Heavy Duty Truck, you’re always in control. Powerful engines, including the enhanced Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8, are mated to a powerful 10-speed Allison ® transmission. Add in state-of-the-art crane technology and a stunning new interior, and you’ll be in charge of your environment wherever you travel.
Some things look better on the big screen. That’s what you’ll find in the LT, LTZ, and High Country, where the large touchscreen and Driver Information Center are just part of a completely redesigned, customizable interior with enhanced functionality.
The 10-speed Allison transmission enhances the gas engine’s trailering capabilities
For the first time, the proven 10-speed Allison automatic transmission is now standard equipment for the Silverado HD powertrain: a standard 6.6L V-8 gas engine and available Duramax turbo-diesel. It replaced the gas engine’s previous six-speed automatic, offering a smaller “step” between gears, allowing the 6.6L gas engine to stay closer to peak power for a longer time.
Those improvements translate to a more confident feeling of on-demand power, regardless of whether the truck is towing a trailer or not. When it’s time to tow, the 10-speed configuration helps transfer every bit of torque to the tires in every gear. In turn, the 2024 GMC Silverado HD’s Gross Combined Weight Rating with the 6.6L gas engine increased to 26,000 pounds 7 , up from 24,000 pounds previously.
In addition, Allison’s 10-speed transmission design optimizes braking on grades with the gas engine, with closer gear ratios allowing for greater engine braking control. That, in addition to precise tuning for smooth shifts and quicker shifts, complements the enhanced feel of on-demand power, control, precision, and greater refinement.
More power, more torque, and more refinement for the Duramax turbo-diesel
Silverado engineers have continued to push the famous Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel V-8 engine, and with the Silverado HD 2024, they have brought out the latest upgrade.
Overall, the horsepower and torque figures increase to 470 hp and 975 lb-ft of torque, per SAE J1349. Additional changes and improvements are designed to provide more efficient combustion, which improves overall performance. Furthermore, engineers increased low-end torque production by up to 25% to improve performance at low speeds or grades, particularly when trailering.
2024 Chevy Silverado HD Design
The 2024 Silverado HD has a standout look, boosted by a refreshed front end with a new fascia, new headlights, a new grille, and more. The truck’s sculptural appearance meets a timeless design that’s not only visible but ready for anything.
C-shaped LED graphic headlights frame the new fascia, inspired by the signature Silverado 1500 design, while the bold new headlamps on the LTZ, ZR2, and High Country models feature dual projector technology.
The main and away highlights of the new lights are now divided into two functions, and as owners approach or leave their 2024 Silverado HD, animated lighting sequences greet or say goodbye from the truck.
Additional exterior updates include a standard tow hook, and the words “CHEVROLET” are displayed on the hood. Six new exterior colors have also been added: Sterling Grey, Dark Ash, Radiant Red, Auburn Metallic, Lakeshore Blue Metallic (available late), and Meteorite Metallic (available late).
Over many updates, the Silverado HD design continues to feature groundbreaking features and technologies that contribute to the true capabilities of its trucks. They include the Durabed cargo box which optimizes every square inch for maximum cargo capability – including up to 83.5 best-in-class cubic feet with long boxes – as well as CornerStep rear bumper, BedSteps, Multi-Flex available six-position rear door, available 120-volt power jack, electric tailgate available, and more.
The lineup also retains the look packages of the popular Z71 Sport Edition, Z71 Chrome Sport Edition, and Midnight Special Edition, as well as the Alaskan Snow Plow Special Edition.
New wheel and tire options for the Silverado HD include:
- 20-inch bright chrome wheels are available on the LTZ
- Polished aluminum 18-inch dual wheels and optional all-terrain tires on the 3500HD LTZ and standard on the 3500HD High Country
- 20-inch off-road tires available on the Z71 Sport Edition, Midnight Special Edition, Alaskan Snow Plow Special Edition, and Z71 Off-Road packages
2024 Chevy Silverado HD Exterior
- REDESIGNED FRONT BUMPER AND GRILL
- ANIMATED HEADLIGHT AND TAIL LIGHT
- NEW 18-, 20-AND 22-INCH WHEEL AND TIRE OPTIONS
From WT to High Country, Silverado HD’s authoritative and enduring designs are unmistakable. Everywhere you look, it’s impossible to escape the exterior upgrades that complement the confident demeanor and undeniable presence of this Full-Size Truck.
We incorporate high-strength roll-formed steel, more cargo volume than any other HD truck, and 12 standard tie-downs rated at 500 lbs. † per corner to give you the hardest working bed in the business.
2024 Chevy Silverado HD Interior
The LT, LTZ, and High Country models introduce a dramatically redesigned passenger compartment centered around a new instrument panel that houses the largest infotainment screen in the segment: a 13.4-inch diagonal 1 infotainment screen.
A configurable driver information center with a diagonal of 12.3 inches completes the new infotainment display. The infotainment screen and other controls are also tilted toward the driver, giving the driver more of a “command center” perspective. This ethos is taken directly from the look of the simple and iconic C/K Series trucks of the 1970s and 1980s.
This smarter command center also includes a redesigned 4 wireless phone charging area to reduce distraction and a flow-under console. The latter design provides a bench seat spaciousness while retaining the functionality of the center console. In front of the driver, there is an available and configurable head-up display.
“A more open and contemporary interior will appeal to passengers,” said Phil Zak, executive director of Global Chevrolet Design. “It’s an environment that deliberately puts more at the driver’s fingertips, for greater confidence and connection to the vehicle.”
Additional interior updates and upgrades include:
- Fresh screen display and graphics inspired by the recently updated Silverado 1500
- Genuine leather-covered surfaces and real wood accents are available on select models
- The new center console on LT, LTZ, and High Country models incorporates 4 available wireless chargers
- More room for cupholders side by side on the console: A total of 10 cupholders available, depending on model and configuration
- New audio control knobs that help achieve the ideal balance between physical and digital controls, along with similar buttons recently introduced in the updated Silverado 1500 allow several popular features to be accessed with a single press.
- Air vents and controls for second-row passengers
- Improved hidden storage, including in the console, top, and bottom glove boxes, and even a sunglasses case behind the infotainment screen
Chevrolet’s family of customer-focused trailer technologies is designed to enhance the experience with optimal visibility, easier rides, and greater ride comfort when towing a trailer. It is upgraded with Silverado HD 2024, with a number of enhanced and new features:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Trailer 2 is a new technology for the Silverado HD. This allows the available Silverado HD Adaptive Cruise Control to account for the added drag and increased braking distance when towing the trailer.
- Enhanced Transparent Trailer 2 expands on current Transparent Trailer 2 technology by allowing it to work with five-wheel and gooseneck trailers
- Trailer Side Blind Zone Warning 2 expands the blind zone area of interest to help increase safety and situational awareness when trailering
- The GCW Alert alerts the driver if the weight of the vehicle and trailer exceeds the vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating
- Silverado HD makes trailering easier with available features, including up to 14 unique camera views 5 such as HD Surround Vision and Bed View, an in-vehicle Trailering Application 6 .
- Chevy optimizes this suite of available camera views to ensure the 2024 Silverado HD delivers the right view every time. Each Silverado HD includes a vehicle-specific Trailering
- Information Label, which lists its unique trailer metrics including trailer rating to max tongue weight, max payload, and more.
In addition, the maximum tow package is now available on all Silverado 2500 trims, amplifying maximum tow capability for the 2500HD series equipped with the 6.6L turbo-diesel V-8 engine for up to 22,500 pounds 7.
Improved driver awareness and infotainment technology
The Silverado HD is designed to make driving more enjoyable, with new, more intuitive infotainment technology1 and an expanded roster of driver awareness technologies.
On the infotainment side, the 8’s built-in Google compatibility allows customers to connect to nearly every aspect of their daily life through the Google Assistant, which is available via the infotainment system’s touchscreen or voice commands. With Google Assistant, it’s easy to send texts, play music, receive directions with Google Maps, adjust vehicle settings, and even control smart home devices all hands-free.
In terms of safety technology and driver assistance 2, Adaptive Cruise Control is a recently available feature. This complements and strengthens the suite of standard active safety and driver assistance features which include:
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Forward Collision Warning
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Lane Departure Alerts
- Follow Distance Indicator
2024 Chevy Silverado HD High Country
The High Country is the most expressive and carefully crafted trim in the Chevrolet lineup — the 2024 Silverado HD takes it even further. The top update is the new and exclusive Nightshift Blue interior, which includes Jet Black and Umber elements.
The cab also sports new “High Country” metal badges on the center console and “High Country” embroidery on the headrests, covered with unique Ares leather seating surfaces featuring a pattern of wing tips.
The seats also feature premium fabric piping, while the door panels feature fabric piping and trim in genuine open-grain wood. The wood also serves as decorative trim on the top glove box. On the exterior, the new High Country’s exclusive 20-inch bright chrome alloy wheel design is standard.
Additional High Country details and standard features include power-adjustable heated and ventilated front seats with memory and haptic sensors, acid-etched stainless steel speaker grilles for the standard Bose seven-speaker audio system, rain-sensing wipers, and 4-site wireless charging. on the center console.
The 2024 Silverado HD High Country trim will also be available with the new Midnight Edition. Available for the first time in the High Country trim, the Midnight Edition darkens the exterior with black chrome accents on the grille and grille slats and swaps for black badging. Black power relief steps complete the look.
The GMC Silverado HD High Country Midnight Edition also includes 20-inch wheels painted in high-gloss black as standard, with 22-inch wheels in the same finish available.
The 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD High Country Midnight Edition package includes:
- Black Hood Vent
- Black Bottom Skid
- Black Bowtie/Badging (except Allison Duramax)
- 20 inch High Gloss Black Wheels
- Black Doorknob
- Black Grid
- Black Mirror Skull Cap
- Black Body Side Inserts/Moulding
- DL Black
- Black Help Steps
With dark features and a dominating presence, the first Silverado HD High Country Midnight Edition is dressed for darkness.
- Black Ice grille blades and accents
- Black skid plates, badges, mirror caps, door handles, hood vents, and bumpers
- Retractable relief step with black power
- Only available in Black exterior color
- 20-inch high-gloss black-painted aluminum wheels with all-terrain tires
- There are 22-inch high-gloss black-painted aluminum wheels with all-terrain tires
Every 2024 Silverado HD comes with a number of standard advanced safety and driver assistance features designed to help give you added confidence every time you get in your truck.
Available on all trims, the Multi-Flex Tailgate offers six different functions designed to help you load, unload and access the cargo bed more easily.
SILVERADO HD ZR2
All work and no play is no way to live. With the first Silverado HD ZR2, you have everything you need to tame the trail. Available fall 2023.
Engine and Performance
For 2024, the reliable durability of the Allison ® 10-speed transmission is paired with both Silverado HD powerplants. And because the best can always get better, the Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 engine has been upgraded with even more horsepower and torque to help you get the most out of each day.
Because any Silverado HD Dually paired with the available Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 can tow over 30,000 lbs., you can feel good about choosing a large trailer.
Additionally, the Max Trailering Package is now available on all 2500 HD models, increasing its maximum towing capacity with the 6.6L Turbo-Diesel to 22,500 pounds. † And when you add in some of the advanced towing technologies available, you can feel confident every time you install it.
2024 Chevy Silverado HD Release Date
The 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD will make its public debut at the State Fair of Texas starting with a press day on September 29, and the truck will be on display throughout the public day. Production begins in the first half of 2023 at General Motors’ Flint Assembly in Michigan, and at Oshawa Assembly in Canada 9 . Pricing and additional details will be released closer to the start of production.
2024 Chevy Silverado HD Price
We estimate the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado HD to start at around $43,000.