2022 GMC Acadia Hiding its familiarity behind a veil of ruggedness, the 2022 GMC Acadia does its best to avoid alternative minivan status. A turbocharged four-cylinder serves as the entry-level engine, but the 310-horsepower V6 is optional.
Families would have loved the Acadia’s sprawling first and second rows, but the versions were downgraded.
Getting to the third row can be difficult. Various infotainment and driver assistance technologies are offered as standard, which will please those seeking modern comfort.
Despite the long list of positives, the Acadia still outperforms many other midsize SUVs that simply offer more value, better driving dynamics, more cargo space, or upgrades.
Truck-like appearance, easy-to-use infotainment system, versatile cab.
Cheap interior materials don’t match the price, third-row seats are weak, not as fuel-efficient as some competitors.
At first glance, the Acadia checks most of the boxes for a family SUV, but only loses out to competitors who offer more value.
The entry-level SL trim level has been removed from the lineup for 2022, leaving the SLE better equipped than the new base model.
The base 2.5-liter four-cylinder was also removed, leaving the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder and the 3.6-liter V6 as available engines.
A number of driving assistance functions are now available. Standard across the range, including automatic emergency braking, lane-keeping assistance, and blind-spot monitoring.
Two new models of 18- and 20-inch alloy wheels and a new color: Light Stone Metallic – are an option.
2022 GMC Acadia SLT Reviews
2022 GMC Acadia SLT As a three-row midsize SUV, the 2021 GMC Acadia bridges the gap between the smaller GMC Terrain and the larger Yukon. After styling updates and a few updates last year, the Acadia is back in 2021 with only a few tweaks.
From the affordable yet simple base model to the all-terrain themed AT4 and luxurious Denali upholstery, there’s plenty to choose from at the Acadia.
We like the Acadia for its smooth ride and optional V6 engine, but the interior quality doesn’t live up to expectations for the price. It also seems a bit lacking in the third row and cargo space.
Therefore, we recommend that you cross-purchase a three-row SUV with a certain Edmunds rating, such as the Honda Pilot, Hyundai Palisade, and Kia Telluride.
2022 GMC Acadia Trim
The GMC Acadia is offered in five trim levels — SL, SLE, SLT, AT4, and Denali — and comes with one of three engine options. Most Acadia trim levels have standard front-wheel drive and offer all-wheel drive as an option.
What Is The Difference Between The GMC Acadia SLT And SLE Feature highlights include:
SL and SLE
The base model SL has a second row of seats and a capacity of seven passengers. The SLE has a second row of captain’s seats, reducing passenger capacity to six.
Otherwise, the two trims are very similar, although the SLE qualifies for more options than the SL. Standard features include:
- 193 horsepower four-cylinder engine
- Keyless ignition and entry
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- 8-inch infotainment touch screen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Six speaker sound system
- Five USB ports
- OnStar connected service with onboard Wi-Fi hotspot
- Blind-spot monitor (alerts you if the vehicle in the next lane is in your blind spot)
- Rear traffic warning (warning you if the vehicle behind you is about to cross your vehicle’s lane when reversing)
The midrange SLT trim received a more powerful engine and a host of additional features such as:
- 230-hp. turbocharged four-cylinder engine
- roof rail
- Hands-free power liftgate
- Fog lamp
- Remote ignition
- leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Universal garage door opener
- Household style outlet for the middle row
- Navigation system
- Eight-speaker Bose audio system with HD radio
You also get these safety features as standard:
- Forward collision mitigation (warning you of impending collisions and applying brakes in certain scenarios)
- Lane guard assist (redirects Acadia back into its path if it starts hovering over lane markers)
- Automatic high beam
The AT4 trim is similar to the SLT but has a few additional features that enhance its off-road capabilities. Additional features include:
- 310-hp V6 engine
- All-terrain tires
- Standard all-wheel drive with components unique to the AT4 for
- greater traction
- Hill drop control
- Hill support
The top-of-the-line ignores the AT4’s off-road features but sticks to the V6 engine. Standard feature additions include:
- Power folding heated mirror
- Digital instrument panel
- Head-up view
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated second-row seats
- Driver’s seat memory function
- Wireless charging pad
Denali is also eligible for two exclusive option packages:
- Surround-view camera system (gives you top-down views of Acadia and its surroundings for tight parking situations)
- Adaptive cruise control (maintains a driver-defined distance between the Acadia and the vehicle in front)
- Improved automatic braking for forwarding collision mitigation system
- Digital rearview mirror (allows you to look back even with a fully loaded cargo area)
The Denali Ultimate package requires the Technology pack and adds:
- Adaptive suspension damper (improves ride comfort and handling stability)
- Crane package
Many of the features found on the upper trim levels are available on the supporting trim as an option.
Other optional features include a rear entertainment system, second-row seats (for seating seven passengers), and the Elevation Edition package which adds black exterior styling accents and 20-inch alloy wheels.
2022 GMC Acadia Specs
- TRANSPORTATION TYPE
- Front-engine, front/all-wheel drive, 5–7 passengers, 4-door hatchback
- BASIC PRICE $43,395
- MACHINE TYPE
- DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block, and head, direct fuel injection
- Displacement 223 cu in, 3649 cc
- Power 310 hp @ 6600 rpm
- Torque 271 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm
- 9-speed auto
- Wheelbase: 112.5 inches
- Length: 193.6 inches
- Width: 75.4
- inches Height: 66.0
- inch Passenger volume: 109-142 cu ft
- Cargo volume: 13–42 cu ft
- Curb weight ( C/D est): 4400 lb
- PERFORMANCE ( C/D EST)
- Zero to 60 mph: 6.1 seconds
- Zero to 100 mph: 17.2 seconds
- Standing -mile: 14.9 seconds
- Top speed (limited by the governor): 131 mph
- EPA FUEL ECONOMY ( C/D EST)
- Combined/city/highway: 21/18/25 mpg
2022 GMC Acadia Interior
The Acadia’s compact exterior can help it fit into garages and parking lots but at the expense of a spacious interior. The interior design is pleasing to the eye and most of the controls are intuitive and within the driver’s reach.
A Black and white dashboard with red needles provides information at a glance. Denali models feature a reconfigurable center display that provides a wealth of additional vehicle information based on driver settings.
The telehandler could use a wider reach to provide a comfortable position for very tall people or very short drivers, but it works for most people. The leather-wrapped steering wheel has very sleek aluminum trim, unfortunately, some interior materials have a different look and feel cheap.
With the use of the third row, the Dodge Durango has four boxes behind the third row and 30 with the rear row seats folded. , so this might be a good choice. It is better if you often transport people and goods at the same time.
Technologically, Acadia has a lot to offer the whole family. From multiple USB ports to Wi-Fi hotspots, passengers can stay connected with ease.
The touchscreen infotainment system is intuitive and responsive. Charging more than one device that requires a 12-volt outlet can be a challenge, as only one of these outlets is provided.
GMC Acadia 2022 Engine
The Acadia’s base engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder good for 228 horsepower and an optional 3.6-liter V-6 makes 310 horsepower.
A nine-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard with both engines, and all-wheel drive is optional.
While you’ll never forget you’re driving an SUV, the Acadia is competent and fairly quiet.
The Acadia feels heavy when cornering at high speeds, but when ridden in a less aggressive manner (as most people drive most of the time), the ride is forgiving and stable.
The adaptive suspension, standard on the Denali and optional on the all-wheel-drive SLT trim, adjusts the dampers every two milliseconds to make it easier to ride over bumps or to tighten things up if the driver starts to feel agile.
GMC Acadia 2022 MPG
The EPA estimates that a front-wheel-drive version with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine will produce 22 mpg in the city and 29 on the highway.
The front-wheel-drive V6 has about 19 mpg in the city and 27 on the highway. We tested the Acadia with a nine-speed automatic transmission in our highway fuel-economy test at 75 mph.
For more information on Acadia’s fuel economy, visit the EPA website.
2022 GMC Acadia Price
How Much Does It Cost To Lease A GMC Acadia We’ll opt for the mid-level SLT trim, which adds beauty to the equipment list like leather seats, remote start, heated front seats, in-dash navigation, and a hands-free tailgate.
In addition to the addition of the SLT, the model is equipped with standard LED headlights, power-adjustable heated mirrors, as well as keyless entry and push-button start.
- SLE $35,995
- STL $40,295
- AT4 $42,595
- Denali $47,795
2022 GMC Acadia SLT Security Technology
- GMC Pro Plus Security: This suite of safety technologies is now standard on every GMC Acadia trim. This includes automatic emergency braking, automatic high beam, lane guard assistance, blind-spot monitoring, and more.
- Teen Driver: Teen Driving Mode allows parents to limit and monitor their children’s driving behavior to keep them safe. Of course, teens won’t like it, but parents will.
- Head-Up Display: The standard heads-up display on Denali models helps you keep your eyes on the road by providing important information on the windshield without being too distracting.